Morrowind life today
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before the Nereverine Came to Vvardenfell

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Addamasartus

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Addamasartus was a small cave hidden within the depths of the swamps surrounding Seyda Neen. Here, the notorious highwayman Solassar Vendalas and turned the small cave into a fortified storage place for his stolen treasures. This was the home of the most wanted man in Vvardenfell.

BEWARE
SOLASSAR VENDALAS
MOST WANTED MAN IN VVARDENFELL
SUSPECTED OF THIEVERY, ASSAULT, AND MURDER
LAST SPOTTED ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF BALMORA
REPORT ANY INFORMATION TO AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATELY
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

These posters could be found on the walls of every major city in the district. Thievery? Yes, he was highly guilty of thievery. He had stolen from at least 300 wandering travelers in the past two years. He had broken into military compounds and taken weapons, armor, and treasures from all over the land. Yes, he was highly guilty of thievery. Assault? Yes, he was guilty of assault as well…to a degree. He had never broken the bones of an innocent man. He had never brought permanent injury to a no hostile individual. Had he delivered a few punches or kicks? Sure, but only for intimidation. Murder? Never. This was a lie. Solassar had never ended the life of an innocent. And he never would. The Imperial government likely fabricated this charge to add more publicity to his illegal activities on the roads.

Addamasartus was filled to the brim with Solassar’s stolen treasures. Silver, gold, ancient tablets, Dwemeri artifacts, ornamental weapons, enchanted blades and arrows, rare books, foreign relics, expensive jewelry, family heirlooms - it could not be kept track of. Stealing was an addiction to Solassar Vendalas. But did this make him evil? No. When encountered away from the roads of which he stalked, Solassar was as kind-hearted as a lamb. He could fill one’s heart with literature, song, and fantastic historical tales. He could make men, women, and children laugh.

He leaned back in his chair near the small body of water at the depths of the cave system. He strummed several notes with his lute. “Yes,” he murmured to himself. “That sounds alright.”
Back to top Go down
Eltee

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:22 pm

CONTINUED FROM SEYDA NEEN POST
...Llela approached the door, drawing her shortsword. "Here goes." She muttered, attempting to open the door.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.uesp.net

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:40 pm

The door was opened easily. It swung to the left for Llela to enter.

The chamber was filled with heaps of golden and silver coins, goblets, and beautiful ornamental swords. Another door, this one barricaded, was located at the far end of the chamber.

From behind the door, the faint sound of a slow and beautiful song could be heard. Someone was playing the lute.

Just a yard ahead of Llela, a trap had been planted. If she was to step on a small pressure plate, a thick and powerful rope would snatch her by the ankles and hang her upside-down from the heights of the cave chamber.
Back to top Go down
Eltee

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Llela stared at the mounds of treasure for a few seconds, dumbfounded. No way. She thought, dumbfounded. She immediately began scanning the ground for any traps. The pressure plate was decently hidden, but a few moments of observation betrayed it's position. Llela walked a few metres outside of the cave, picking up a stick. She tossed the relatively weighty corkbulb sprig onto the pressure plate, keeping her distance.
Back to top Go down

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:04 pm

The trap was activated. The rope sprung up, yet Llela remained safe from harm.

Meanwhile, the soft and beautiful sounds of the lute coming from behind the barricaded door stopped. Everything went silent.
Back to top Go down
Eltee

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Llela sighed, and drew her bow. "Hellooooooo." she called. "Good morning, whoever that is."
Back to top Go down

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:09 pm

No reply came. Everything was still completely silent. Llela suddenly had the feeling that she was being watched.
Back to top Go down
Eltee

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Llela swore under her breath, and walked slowly into the chamber.
Back to top Go down

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:15 pm

A second trap, this time a thin wire, was located at the center of the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Eltee

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Llela, having already sat and stared at the floor of the small chamber for several minutes, had noticed said wire. She took a large step over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Addamasartus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addamasartus   Addamasartus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addamasartus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Morrowind life today :: Bitter Coast :: Seyda Neen-
Jump to: